Sunday, January 24, 2010

01.21/01.22

1. Do Now: Vocab (NEW LIST FOR QUARTER 3)

(1) fraught (adjective) - filled with something or destined to result in something
My evening was fraught with drama when my girlfriend caught me cheating on her.

(2) peril (noun) - serious and immediate danger; extreme risk
I was in peril when my car swerved into oncoming traffic.

(3) indulgent (adjective) - readiness to be overly generous or lenient; tolerant, forgiving
It was very indulgent of my mother to allow me to come home two hours after curfew.

2. Book Talk introduction and example. Make sure you sign up for this project!

3. Begin discussing our "universe of obligation". Introduce new unit and our next book, Night by Elie Wiesel. I highly recommend you buy your own copy so you can highlight and talk to the text.

4. Haiti article (if time)

HW: Reflective Writing – Strangers in Need
1. Is it our responsibility to step in and help others in need, even if they are strangers who we do not know? Why or why not?
2. What is our obligation to people in other countries who experience tragedy?
3. What are you feeling for the people of Haiti right now?

This should be at least a full page in your NEW notebook!
BookTalk09.pdf
BookTalk.pdf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home